Obtain a Certificate of Completion for your learning efforts, even before you pass the exam! This is especially useful when you need to convince potential employers of your readiness for the job.
For full pricing information, click here: Pricing
How to start preparing for this Exam:
1. Registering an account by itself is FREE. It can be done either by using your Facebook account, Google account, or completing a sign up form using your e-mail address. A free member may get free trials to our content and access to free resources.
2. After logging in to your account, click on "Subscribe".
3. Choose the exams you need to clear, pick the desired plan(s) for each exam.
4. Pick the desired payment method. You will only be billed one time (non-recurring).
Official Study Guide and Booking of Exam Date
CMFAS Academy is a private institution offering online e-learning programs to help candidates pass the exams. The official administrator of the exams are Institute of Banking & Finance (IBF) and Singapore College of Insurance.
Candidates who are unsure which exam to take should check with the compliance department of the company. To book for the exam, please register online through the official websites of IBF or SCI.
For more info on the exams, please read up this article: Everything About CMFAS/CACS/FMRP Exams
We strive to provide the most up to date information about the exams administered by third parties. However, the information published here might at certain point of time be out of date and I ask for your kind understanding. To confirm the most accurate and precise information, please check with the relevant organization or authorities.
Exemption for Module 8
Persons possessing any of the following qualifications (which must be attained through passing the specific respective exams) or work experience are not required to pass Module 8:
1. Degree or higher qualification, with emphasis on accountancy, actuarial science, business/business administration/business management/business studies, capital markets, commerce, economics, finance, financial engineering, financial planning or computational finance;
2. Trading Representatives’ Examination Paper II (previously conducted by IBF);
3. Investment Representatives’ Examination Paper II (previously conducted by IBF);
4. Diploma in Investment (previously conducted by IBF);
5. Diploma in Investment Analysis (previously conducted by the Singapore Securities Research Institute);
6. Diploma in Investment conducted by The Singapore Human Resources Institute (“SHRI”);
7. Diploma in Banking and Finance (previously conducted by IBF);
8. Diploma in Banking and Finance from SHRI;
9. Diploma in Financial Planning from IBF/Singapore College of Insurance (“SCI”);
10. Diploma in Financial Planning from the Financial Planning Association of Australia;
11. Diploma in banking, finance, accountancy, business or business administration from all polytechnics in Singapore;
12. Diploma in Business Administration from the University of Singapore;
13. Graduate Diploma in Financial Management from Singapore Institute of Management (“SIM”);
14. Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology’s Diploma of Financial Services conducted by SIM;
15. Banking or Financial Studies Diploma from ifs School of Finance (previously known as the Chartered Institute of Bankers), UK;
16. Skills Certificate – Investment (previously awarded by IBF);
17. Skills Certificate – Investment awarded by SHRI;
18. Certificate in Private Banking awarded by The Wealth Management Institute Pte Ltd, Singapore;
19. Financial Planning Certificate awarded by UK Chartered Insurance Institute (“UKCII”);
20. Certificate in Financial Planning awarded by UKCII;
21. Certificate in Financial Needs Analysis & Plan Construction awarded by Singapore College of Insurance, Singapore;
22. Advanced Financial Planning Certificate awarded by UKCII;
23. Diploma in Financial Planning awarded by UKCII;
24. Advanced Diploma in Financial Planning awarded by UKCII;
25. Chartered Financial Analyst Level 1 Examination conducted by the CFA Institute, USA;
26. Associate Financial Consultant awarded by Insurance and Financial Practitioners Association of Singapore (previously known as Life Underwriters Association of Singapore) (“IFPAS”);
27. Fellow Chartered Financial Practitioner (Modular) awarded by IFPAS;
28. Associate Financial Planner or Associate Wealth Planner awarded by the Financial Planning Association of Singapore;
29. Series 6 or Series 7 of the National Association of Securities Dealers, USA;
30. Investment Management Certificate of the UK Society of Investment Professionals (previously known as UK Institute of Investment Management & Research Examinations);
31. Chartered Life Underwriter by American College, USA; or Chartered Life Underwriter Singapore by SCI;
32. Chartered Financial Consultant by the American College, USA; or Chartered Financial Consultant Singapore by SCI;
33. Certified Financial Planner by the Financial Planning Standards Board or the Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards;
34. Certificate in Securities, Derivatives or Securities and Financial Derivatives by the Securities & Investment Institute, recognised by the UK Financial Services Skills Council and Financial Services Authority (previously known as the Registered Persons Examination by the Financial Services Authority, UK);
35. The Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) Qualifications;
36. The Chartered Accountant (ACA) Qualifications;
37. Associate/Fellow of the Institute of Actuaries, England;
38. Associate/Fellow of the Faculty of Actuaries, Scotland;
39. Associate/Fellow of the Society of Actuaries, USA;
40. Associate/Fellow of the Institute of Actuaries of Australia;
41. Associate/Fellow of the Casualty Actuarial Society, USA;
42. Associate Member of CPA Australia;
43. Module 1 of the Investor Contact Competency Examination (ICCE Module 1); administered by the Securities and Exchange Commission, Thailand;
44. 3 years of relevant and continuous working experience in respect of the financial advisory service to be provided with no break in service of more than 3 years between the individual’s last working experience and the date of his application for a representative’s licence prior to 26 November 2010, or of commencement of the provision of financial advisory services prior to 26 November 2010, or his principal’s lodgement with the Authority of documents under section 23F of the Act, in relation to his appointment as an appointed representative, as the case may be.
For the most up to date list of exemptions, please click "View Notice" on this official page here and look for Annex 3. To Top